Things I didn’t do today because I sat in front of my computer and worked on boring book revisions (and made awesome progress).
1. I didn’t make hot fudge sundaes with caramel and hot fudge sauce and think about my Grandpa, because hot fudge sundaes always remind me of him.
2. I didn’t go to the overcast and windy beach and get sand in all the wrong places.
3. I didn’t read books to my kids and see how the latest Lumberjanes turns out. Man, I love that series.
4. I didn’t fool around on the internet and feel fascinated but then emerge hours later from a fugue state vaguely recalling that there had been a cute dancing baby rhino, maybe.
5. I didn’t watch videos of people making fun of Trump and Hillary since this election year is my Olympics.
6. I didn’t go to that secret hammock down the street and eat all the half-moldy and forgotten strawberries and then take a nap.
7. I didn’t stare at my kids and be absolutely perplexed by how perfect they are in being themselves and how absolutely lucky I am to get to be one of their creators.
But, I got to make my own weird world where strange and cool things happened, so there’s that.